Retirement should be a prime time to enjoy life to the full, take up new leisure pursuits and spend more time with your family. But to try and help make this possible you should consider getting advice on the most appropriate financial plan.
People are generally living longer and therefore have a greater time to enjoy the benefits of retirement. However, ensuring you have adequate financial provision to allow you to enjoy this longer period in retirement could create a burden if you don’t take action. Saving during your working life could provide a lump sum to kick-start your retirement, and then a regular ongoing income for the rest of your life.
There are different ways to plan for your retirement, and unfortunately this area of financial planning can be complex. We can use our extensive knowledge and experience to advise you on the most suitable solution for you.
The benefits of retirement planning:
- Your retirement fund is managed by an expert
- Explore more flexible and modern retirement solutions
- Maximise your income in retirement with tax efficient solutions.
Our knowledge enables us to explore a wider range of retirement options, including Phased Retirement and Income Drawdown. Having these options available to us allows us to help you plan for a more flexible retirement and one that is right for you.
Things to think about
- What type of lifestyle do you want in retirement?
- Do you know how much you have already saved and whom you have saved with?
- Would you like your plans to benefit you dependents?
- What are your feelings towards risk? For example, would you prefer low returns with minimal risk, or are you comfortable with short term volatility in return for potentially higher gains
- The value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested.