With the buy-to-let market showing signs of slowing down in the UK, new research by Octopus Choice has revealed that Britain’s landlords are in two minds about whether to continue investing into property or to sell up for a lump sum.
We Brits still have our continuous love affair with bricks and mortar and the data shows that 56% of buy-to-let investors want to keep or purchase more properties and continue investing. The remaining 44% intend on selling up and leaving the market.
Despite these stats, a substantial 22% of landlords are likely to sell their property within the next 12 months according to new research by The Mortgage Works – this is a 3% rise on the first quarter. And the rate of buy-to-let landlords planning to buy another property in the next 12 months has remained flat at 15%.
These figures suggest no one is entirely sure what the future may hold for buy-to-let as uncertainty continues to prevail, and landlords re-assess their investment options following a raft of recent changes.
If you are a buy-to-let landlord and want to discuss all of the options available to you, whatever your plans may be, contact one of our advisers today.